Ethics! What ethics could possibly be needed with intuition? I have heard that question so many times from professional intuitives.
Intuitive sessions (readings) are profoundly personal and even intimate. The intuitive accesses a person’s issues, traumas, secrets, conscious and unconscious life struggles and so much more. When we perceive the depths of this intimate information, we must care for our clients and their eternal stories by holding and guarding that intimate, innermost information. Ways to achieve high ethical standards:
- Do not “check in” with your client prior to their session with you.
- Ask the client for permission to access their energy field at the beginning of each session.
- Occasionally ask for permission throughout the session to help the client to maintain theiropenness.
- After your client leaves at the end of their session, do not share ANY information with your co-workers about the session.
- Do not tell anyone details about sessions unless you make sure no one can identify who you are speaking about.
- Do not misuse your energetic abilities to make someone do anything that “you think would be best for them.” They must participate and they must give their consent BEFORE you work with them and for them.