During my workshops I often ask the students to feel their heart or their heartbeat. I then ask students to feel the energy in their chest, the rich aliveness, the fullness or the warmth in their chest. I begin with heart awareness because it is easier to identify those sensations than it might be to sense the energy of one’s gallbladder. Heart energy establishes a foundation of perceiving in a different manner. Once this foundation is established we begin to develop a sense of our energetic body.
Energy not only follows thought but it will also follow imagination. As you sense the energy in your chest spreading throughout the body, one can then imagine energy emanating out past the skin. Your energy will follow your imagination. This is an absolute key to psychic perceptions. As you imagine your energy projecting outward, upward, downward or across the oceans of the earth, your energy immediately responds to the expansion of imagination.
As you purposely direct your energy field an immediate response happens. As you extend your field out beyond the physical body it will seem as if your eyes are on the outer edge of your field. It will seem as if you are extending delicate sensors from the edge of your energy field. As you imagine your field extending in different directions you will soon realize the control you have with it. You are developing a partnership of mind, imagination and energy, all working together to perceive the unseen world. As you play with your field you are becoming the director of your deepest, most natural intuitive abilities.
Playful Steps to Direct Your Energy Field:
- Remind yourself that you cannot do this incorrectly. Feel playful with the following steps.
- Sit comfortably, breath normally and notice any sensations of warmth, aliveness or energy in your chest. Feel the energy in your heart and chest and how it seems to actually take up space in your chest, filling it from front to back.
- Using your imagination, send your breath down and all around the organ of your heart building up the glow of vitality. Remember to imagine.
- Now expand the energy up, down and all around within your body. Fill your arms, hands, fingertips, ears, hips, toes, knees and everywhere. Remember to fill your entire backside with energy too.
- Saturate your entire body until it can no longer be contained beneath the skin. Feel it radiating outward past the skin.
- Playfully push the energy two to three inches beyond your skin. Sense it following your intent.
- Now imagine your energy stretching outward like taffy or a rubber band. Send it outward to approximately three feet past your skin. Feel the bigness of your energy field.
- Expand and stretch your energy toward the corner of the room and notice everything that comes into your awareness from that viewpoint. It will seem as if you are in the body and in the corner of the room at the same time.
- Remember to feel in charge of you and be the director of your thoughts and your energy.
- Gently and playfully send the edge of your energy into the wall of the room that you are in. You are the director of your energy. Imagine being inside of the wall. Feel the textures; see the materials the wall is made of; smell the materials within the wall; sense it in absolutely your own way.
- Draw the edge of your energy back to you and rest a while, full of awareness.
- Now direct your energy field upward to the ceiling and hover there for a moment. Look around the room from that level of the ceiling.
- Gently push your field on through the ceiling, noticing everything about it as you do so.
- Next, send yourself on through the roof in the same manner. Sit on the roof. Feel it on your buttocks. Notice the weather of the day and look around. Notice everything from that vantage point.
- Stay on the roof and notice. Be deliberate, precise and aware. Be in control of what you do and where you go. Do not fly all over the place or go to a different area.
- When you feel successful on the roof, begin to gently pull your energy back into your body, making sure that you draw it all completely back into your physical body. You will feel complete when you do so.
- Repeat this process many, many times until you feel confident and in control.